Thursday, 13 May 2010

little talk....

(from a class of Philosophy for Children with 4-5 years old children) - Girl with boat by P.Picasso 1938.

Let me reproduce some of my own experiences when presenting this picture to 4-5 years old children:

(teacher) But, have you ever seen a girl with so many colours on the face?
(student) Well, Picasso must have been mistaken when he painted it!


(teacher) what is that round thing on the left?
(student1) it's a driving wheel...
(student 2) no, it can't be! You cannot have a wheel made of straw.
(student 3) it's not straw ! It's metal!
(teacher) ok, how do you know it's metal?
(student 3) because I see it!


I read this conversation from another teacher's experience in Majorca:

(teacher) what do you think about this girl?
(student 1) she looks weird. Maybe she is Italian.
(student 2) well, my uncle has an Italian girlfriend and she doesn't look like this girl
(student 1) well, then. She must be French...

I always get surprised with the thoughts of "these little people".
We should listen more to what they have to say about the "adult" world.

0 comentaris: